To help you decide what you will be writing about, you can first try out some of the topics that will surely be interesting for you to write and for your audience to read:
- Other Musicians: Think about other musicians that inspire you. You can probably talk for hours and hours about what they do, so why not put it into words and post it on your blog? There are definitely other fans who will find your blog and have similar views on these artists which will help you connect with them instantly.
- Gear: Another cool thing to do is to review the gear you use. Advice on what to buy is always needed, especially for musicians who are looking to update their instruments. Maybe you even happen to work in a music shop, so you will have access to all the new developments in this sphere!
- Interests: Simply talk about what you like. This is similar to writing about your favorite musicians, but here you have more freedom as to what you talk about. But remember that these topics should be related to music in a way so that you don’t strain too much from your original idea.
If you are lost and don’t know what to write about on your music blog (except for the topics mentioned above), here are some places where you can get inspiration:
- Music Blogs: One of the best ways to get inspired is to go to other music blogs and see what their authors are up to. Check out such popular ones as Pitchfork, Hypebot, and Brooklyn Vegan.
- Pinterest: Pinterest may not seem like an obvious choice for getting music-related ideas, but if you search for the right keywords, you can get really cool ideas based on what images come up in the search results.
- Celebrity News: Never underestimate the current news in the world of entertainment. Maybe there’s a new song Kanye West released that uses some unique instruments or there is a new breakout artist such as Billie Eilish – you can write about it in your blog. Discuss anything you feel will suit your overall image and correspond to your blog tone.
In case you missed it, check out the first two parts of this three-part series: Musician Blogging 101: The Benefits of Music Blogging and Musician Blogging 101: A Step-by-Step Guide.