In 2020, Buffet Crampon decided to pursue the development a new instrument surpassing expectations both by the quality of its French manufacture and its particularly affordable price: the GALA clarinet.
Its design takes full advantage of the latest research and is characterized by rich harmonics and an overall balance of the instrument’s range. This new professional clarinet is equipped with wooden chimneys (dalbergia melanoxylon) and leather pads. Finishing touches of black nickel-plated rings, medallion and ligature adorn the instrument with sobriety and elegance.
The Gala is available in Bb and A; it also has an optional Eb lever. The traditional “pochette” case makes a showpiece of our new opus, offering professional musicians and passionate amateurs a new clarinet “made in France”.
• Key: Bb, A
• Pitch: 440/442 Hz
• Body: Stained Grenadilla wood (Dalbergia Melanoxylon)
• Bore: Poly-cylindrical bore
• Bell: Flat-bottomed bell rim
• Barrels: Bb: 65 and 66 mm; A: 64 and 65 mm
• Rings: 6
• Thumb rest: Adjustable
• Keywork finish: Black nickel-plated rings and medallion
• Springs: Needle springs and blue steel springs
• Pads: Leather and cork (register key)
• Option: Left hand Eb lever (BC1121L/BC1221L)