Everything You Need to Know to Start Singing Now
Alfreds Teach Yourself to Sing, by Karen Farnum Surmani, will open up a new world of musical knowledge. Beginning with the fundamentals, you will learn about equipment used by singers, vocal health, and getting acquainted with reading music. You will then move right along to breathing, vocalizing, proper warm-ups, and singing songs, lesson by lesson, all while continuing to increase your knowledge of reading and understanding music. You will learn to sing an array of musical styles including pop, jazz, classical, and musical theater.
Near the end of the book, you will be introduced to the idea of individual interpretation, which will help you color your songs with your own unique style.
The book features a chord and scale chart for reference during and after your lessons. The online media includes instructional video and TNT 2 software with audio accompaniments that let you adjust the audio levels, transpose accompaniments to any key, and adjust playback tempo.
* For beginners with no prior musical training.
* Learn to sing with a live band or group in any style.
* Discover your own natural sound.
* Covers breathing, posture, warming up, and more.
* An easy and comprehensive approach to reading music.
* Pop, jazz, classical, and musical theater styles covered.
* Includes tips on performing like how to overcome nervousness and mind/body connections to singing.