A Three-In-One Compilation of Sweep Picking, Speed Picking & Legato Methods For Guitar
The Complete Guitar Technique Speed Strategies Collection brings together three bestselling books by rock guitar virtuoso Chris Brooks. This compilation will help you master the right- and left-hand techniques essential to shred guitar mastery, including sweep picking, legato and picking mechanics. Includes over 360 exercises and musical examples, and over three hours of audio you can download for free.
Book One: Neoclassical Speed Strategies for Guitar
Neoclassical Speed Strategies for Guitar focuses on speed picking in the tradition of Yngwie Malmsteen, where picking technique is approached via biomechanics, strategy, and progressive advancement to create blazing single- and multi-string licks, sequences and etudes.
- A complete guitar picking course that starts from the first principles of movement and works around your own unique body mechanics, illustrated in detail.
- Inventive exercises that combine shifting scale lines, sequences, single-string phrases and string-changing mechanics.
- Concise, developmental picking drills and studies forming a clear, incremental path to speed-picking mastery.
Book Two: Sweep Picking Speed Strategies for Guitar
Sweep Picking Speed Strategies for Guitar takes a meticulous approach to breaking down the biomechanics of sweep picking and goes way beyond drills and guitar licks to get to the heart of great sweep picking technique. You’ll master everything from pick grip and fundamental rudiments to the execution of perfect, large-scale arpeggio forms for the most common chord types as you learn sweep picking on guitar.
- A comprehensive breakdown of everything you need to sweep pick like a pro.
- A systematic guide to mastering technique and dominating the fretboard.
- Complete technical development through 100 drills and 17 Etudes.
Book Three: Legato Guitar Technique Mastery
For the fretting hand, Legato Guitar Technique Mastery will help you learn smooth lines, comprehensive neck coverage, and various mechanical combinations. Here is a complete system to play legato like the masters, in the style of Alan Holdsworth, Guthrie Govan, Greg Howe, Brett Garsed, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.
- Learn the secrets of fretting and picking hand control.
- Discover techniques for taming unwanted string noise.
- Train yourself with diatonic and chromatic fretboard drills.
This three book collection really is the final word in modern guitar technique.