Master cutting edge modern jazz guitar techniques with Jens Larsen
Modern Jazz Guitar Concepts provides an in-depth insight into the modern jazz guitar techniques you’ll hear in the music of Kurt Rosenwinkel, Adam Rogers, Jonathan Kriesberg, Gilad Hekselman, Lage Lund and others. In this book you’ll learn the essential building blocks of modern jazz guitar with numerous licks and detailed descriptions of the theory behind each concept.
Popular YouTube teacher Jens Larsen teaches you how to apply triads, arpeggios, and scales to create the sounds of contemporary jazz guitar. This creative method allows you to develop the knowledge you already have, using basic major and minor scales in a new way to create fresh sounds. This book contains a wealth of knowledge and provides a clear, easy to follow method for jazz guitar fans who want to access the modern style of playing.
What you’ll learn:
- The essential techniques of modern jazz guitar, with licks played over the familiar II V I progression
- How to apply the basic major scale to contemporary jazz guitar with clever use of triads and arpeggios
- How to use chromatics to create tension and interest in your solos
- The “Coltrane pattern” – break up boring scale patterns and learn how to improvise over quick chord changes
- How to apply the Harmonic Minor and Diminished scales in a modern jazz context
- Expand your jazz vocabulary with a collection of innovative modern licks you can adapt to your style