This collection features 15 classic songs arranged by ukulele master James Hill. In these remarkable arrangements, two distinct ukulele parts – chord accompaniment and melody – can be played in counterpoint at the same time by one player. The arrangements cater to both advanced beginner and experienced players and there is a warm-up section that introduces the player to the “Duets for One” concept.
The book, part of the Jumpin’ Jim’s songbook series from Hal Leonard, includes access to audio tracks online of all the arrangements performed by James Hill, for download or streaming, using the unique code inside the book. Songs are arranged for GCEA-tuned ukes and include classics by George Gershwin, Irving Berlin, Hank Williams, Coldplay and others.
Arranged for re-entrant GCEA tuning, all songs include ukulele tablature as well as music notation and most can be performed with a simple thumb-picking technique.
To see a video of James Hill demonstrating his amazing technique, click here.
Full Song List:
- After You’ve Gone (Layton)
- Cheek To Cheek (Berlin)
- Don’t Get Around Much Anymore (Ellington/Russell)
- Freight Train (Cotten)
- Georgia On My Mind (Carmichael/Gorrell)
- Here Comes The Rain Again (Lennox/Stewart)
- I Saw The Light (Williams)
- L-O-V-E (Kaempfert/Gabler)
- Plaisir D’Amour (Martini)
- Smoke Gets In Your Eyes (Kern/Harbach)
- Summertime (Gershwin/Heyward)
- Sweet Sue, Just You (Young/Harris)
- The Glory Of Love (Hill)
- Till There Was You (Willson)
- Viva La Vida (Coldplay)