Session ace Dan Hawkins has recorded hundreds of sessions and knows what it takes to achieve flawless technique that stands up to the scrutiny of the studio. In Creative Bass Technique Exercises he offers a set of technique-building workouts that will solve all common technical problems.
- Master fundamental electric bass technique skills.
- Build left- and right-hand independence.
- Instantly improve your feel.
- Count and master complex rhythms.
- Groove in a range of styles with chapters on Pop, Blues/RnB, Funk, Rock, Jazz.
Bonus: Learn to play over drone exercises to improve your ears and build musical independence.
Technique is only a means to an end, but sloppy technique leads to frustration and limits what you’re able to play. Creative Bass Technique Exercises offers a dedicated approach to improving all aspects of your playing to achieve superior musicianship.
Build perfect bass technique with:
- Fingerstyle playing
- Coordination, speed, strength and accuracy
- Hammer-ons and pull-offs
- Slides and rakes
- Effortless position shifts
- Ghost notes
- Muting and Damping
- Slap, tap and pick technique