FIND OUR HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN THIS YEARS MAKE MUSIC DAY SYRACUSE. EMAIL NEIL@BENTLEY-HALL.COM
What Is Make Music Day?
Make Music Day is most simply a day for musical appreciation and sharing and will involve hundreds of local music makers. Making Music magazine will host four “mass appeal” events for percussion, guitar, ukulele, and harmonica players in various Downtown Syracuse parks. All genres and ages of music makers are encouraged to participate, from beginning students to professionals, regardless of ability.
Make Music Day Syracuse Events
So far, we are planning the following at the Armory Square Park, Walton St./S. Franklin St. (Times to be determined):
- Drum Circle
- Harmonica Lesson with Free Harmonica Giveaway
- Syracuse Scottish Pipe Band
- Guitar Mass Appeal
- Ukulele Mass Appeal
Other planned events:
- RedHouse Open House—Rock Camp students and teachers will be playing outdoors on the loading dock at 219 S. West St.
- Ish Guitars Corner Jams — Live performances on the steps (Walton St./S. Franklin St.)
- Second Line Parade with Westside Neighbors at Skiddy Park (Otisco St.)
Use the hashtag #MakeMusicSyr on instagram, facebook, and twitter to share how you are making music to celebrate the event! We might share your photos.
How Can You Take Part?
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. What do you want to do: perform your favorite songs, host a jam, invite others to play along with you?
2. Where you want to perform?
3. Email email@example.com with your details so we can promote it and share with the community.
Don’t miss out on any of the musical action and join our Facebook group. Receive all the latest.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Neil Connors of Making Music magazine <firstname.lastname@example.org>. We look forward to working with you in this celebration of music making.
What Is the Mission of Make Music Day?
OUR VISION—Make Music Day, always held June 21st, the first day of summer, takes place simultaneously with similar festivities in more than 726 cities around the world. It is a global celebration of music making—the one day a year we celebrate the central role of music in our lives. The mission of Make Music Day is to create a day of musical sharing that gathers people from diverse backgrounds together to celebrate the unifying power of music. All Make Music Day events are free and are run by a team of volunteers. Syracuse Make Music Day events will be coordinated by Making Music magazine.
(From NYC Make Music Day 2013)